Modularization is therefore;
- A companywide approach across the entire value chain
- Penetrating the markets with highly configured products
- Rapid product development
- Cost effective and rapid responding production system
- Reducing complexity in the value chain
The ability to reach many different customers with precise offerings fast, and at the same time reduce complexity in the value chain, is a highly competitive approach.
The approach follows these three steps:
- Configuration of products enabling end-user customization
- Creation of a product architecture enabling more commercial variants with less components
- Simplification of the manufacturing and supply chain enabling automation.